Penrith Town Council Youth Advisory Panel
Recognising that young people are the future of the town but may face significant challenges and barriers, Penrith Town Council set up a ‘Youth Advisory Panel‘ to represent the views of young people in the Town.
The Youth Panel enabled young people in different age groups to advise the Town Council on issues that affect or concern them to enable the Council to reach a better understanding of the needs, hopes and aspirations of younger generations. The hope was to bring about greater benefits to the Council’s decision-making.
Use the underlined links below to open and visit website with further information for you:
- We are genuine in our aim to engage with young people in Penrith.
- We want young people to feel valued, able to express concerns and ideas and influence the Town Council’s decision-making processes.
- We will listen to what young people say and address issues and concerns raised whenever it’s possible to do so
The Town Council liases with any youth groups and community organisations in Penrith that provide youth services.Whenever possible, we will also liaise with Cumbria’s Youth Parliament representatives and Youth Councils covering Penrith, including:
- Eden Youth Council (EYC) (a forum for young people to discuss Eden wide issues),
- Ullswater Community College Student Council
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School (QEGS)
Youth Advisory Panel Survey
Analysis of the survey carried out to explore young people’s views on Penrith (described below) has illustrated what young people feel about Penrith and what they would like to see happen.
Use the underlined link below for more information:
The Panel worked in partnership with Penrith Leisure Centre and Cumbria County Council, and included questions in the survey to provide information for them. Findings have been shared with them to help them assess the way forward for the Leisure Centre.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this page
We want to ensure that everyone can access our information and we are working to improve our website. Please contact us if you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read or in an alternative format.
We will consider your request and respond to you in ten working days.