What does Penrith Town Council Do?
- Gives views, on behalf of the community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish
- Undertakes projects and schemes that benefit local residents
- Works in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish
- Alerts relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken
- Helps the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities
- Manages and provides assets and services
Penrith Town Council will be liaising with public bodies and organisations to consider the Council’s involvement in the provision of services and resources.
What does Eden District Council?
- Building control
- Car parking and on and off street parking enforcement
- Council Tax and Benefits
- Electoral services
- Environmental services e.g. noise, pest control
- Housing services
- Licensing and street trading
- Recycling and refuse collection
- Sport and Leisure centres
- Street cleaning and dealing with fly tipping
- Town centre management
What does Cumbria County Council?
- Blue/car badges
- Children’s services
- Concessionary travel
- Education and schools
- Emergency planning
- Health and social care
- Highways, including potholes, signage and gritting
- Libraries and archives
- Public rights of way
- Public transport services
- Registration of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships
- Strategic planning and some planning applications
- Trading Standards
- Waste Recycling Centres
What to do if you cannot access parts of this page
We want to ensure that everyone can access our information and we are working to improve our website. Please contact us if you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read or in an alternative format.
We will consider your request and respond to you in ten working days.